Skip to content

If the purpose of the visit to India is tourist related, or to visit family or friends, or for short stay medical procedures, an Indian e-tourist visa or an e-Medical visa will be appropriate. The Indian tourist visa and the e-Medical visas can be applied for and issued online, without having to visit an Indian Consulate or IVAC. The child must, however, have their own individual passport and not be traveling on the parent’s passport.

The minor children of NRIs with OCI cards do not need a visa to enter India. An entry visa for India is given to a PIO without an OCI card and the minor children of an Indian citizen/POI/OCI cardholder.

If the parent of the minor child is traveling on a business visa, their family members/dependents will be granted a dependent visa of an appropriate sub-category.